Hello, October... good-bye, September. It is time for cozy blankets, sweatshirts, cozy campfires, the smell of apples, and pumpkins. Not sure your feelings when it comes to fall time, but I absolutely love it. I literally start decorating in September for Fall. Have you noticed the weather changing? The cooler months are coming. The changes in your skin, weight, and mood can all be influenced based on season changes.
October is a month of change and awareness. Did you know that this year marks the 10-year anniversary of Bullying Prevention Month, a nationwide campaign founded by PACER’s National Bullying Prevention Center? Approximately one out of four girls and one out of five boys will be physically or cyber-bullied (according to the Digest of Education Statistics). Let's be aware, and stop bullying.
October is also Breast Cancer Awareness month. For all of us ladies, make sure you get your mammograms, and do your breast self checks to feel for lumps and bumps. If anything feels abnormal or different, see your provider.
Now is the time to reflect, do you surround yourself with people who push you to be better? Research shows that an individual’s success in life can be determined by the 5 people he/she associates with the most. Although it is safe and comfortable to be around others who are not improving themselves, you may be robbing yourself of your true potential.
Over the past week I was on vacation in Cancun for my honeymoon, and I did a lot of reflecting. As I sat on the beach, I was reminded that if I want to achieve success, I have to continue to “level up” and expect more from myself on a daily basis.
Here are some things you can do on a daily basis to keep your mind and body in a constant state growth:
- Read or listen to personal development. I love reading books that put you into a mindset of personal growth in which you can work on your mind, body, and soul.
- Exercise. I know it is a given right? Truly though... find your type of exercise, and just do it. Your mind, body, and soul will feel so good. Do you know what going for a simple 30 minute walk outdoors in this fall weather does to your mental health? Try it!
- Do an environmental inventory check. Ask yourself the following questions:
- Who are the 5 people with whom you spend the most time each day?
- How do you feel when you are around them- happy or stressed?
- Are they in a position in their life where you aspire to be one day?
- Do they share your morals, values, and ethics?
- Do you learn from them?
Here at Hospitality Skin Spa, we treat the whole body. We want this practice to feel like your home. Where you can be yourself, be welcomed with joy, and leave with a sense of spiritual wholeness.
If you want to schedule an appointment with our staff please contact our office today.
Board Certified Family Nurse Practitioner